Mosquitoes seem to be everywhere these days. They are in our parks, schools, homes, yards and more. Not only are mosquitoes a nuisance, some can actually spread diseases to our family and pets. Consequently, it is important to have some type of plan to battle these creatures. Hiring a Mosquito Spray Service is helpful to gain control of an infestation around your home or business. However, it is important to remove mosquito nesting areas as well to reduce the likelihood of these blood suckers from feeding on you and your family.
Now, Mosquito Control Services will help with the following list but you can reduce the nesting of mosquitoes on your own as well. Make sure to work this list weekly.
- Clean out clogged gutters.
- Attempt to correct any low areas where water will collect.
- Empty pet water and replace with fresh water weekly.
- Empty bird baths and replace with fresh water weekly.
- Replace water in neglected swimming pools.
- Turn over or remove any toys/wagons/etc that will collect water, weekly.
- Empty saucers at the bottom of flower pots weekly.
- Discard any tires stored on your property.
- Repair leaky hoses etc.
- Remove buckets and barrels from the exterior or empty once per week.
- Cover all boats.
Working the above list is a great way to remove mosquito breeding sites from your property. By removing the breeding areas you in turn reduce the number of adult mosquitoes that will attempt to feed on you whenever you are in your yard. Sometimes, working the above list is not enough to eliminate many of these blood sucking critters. Consequently, it may be necessary to hire a professional mosquito service to treat the yard as well. These professional treatments will allow pest control products to reach areas where mosquitoes live.